Mbong Amata Biography
Mbong Amata is a Nigerian actress, producer and founder of Bong House Media. She was born in 1985 in Aba, Nigeria. In 2003, she was crowned as Miss Akwa Ibom and in 2004, she was the second runner-up for Miss Nigeria.
She is the founder of the Tickle-Us Foundation, which aims to cater less privileged women and children in Nigeria and throughout Africa and being a helping hand in time of need. She has starred in a number of films along side casts such as Vivica Fox, Clarion Chukwurah, Akon, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Wyclef Jean, Belinda Effah and Hakeem Kae-Kazim to name a few.
Mbong Amata Husband
The actress married Jeta Amata in 2008. She separated from the filmmaker in 2013 and divorced in 2014. Two years later when she was 18 they began dating. They married in 2008.
Speaking about her split from Jeta Amata she said “I had dreams and aspirations as a young girl and I had my career ahead of me though I got into marriage at a very young age. At some point one had to give way for the other.”
In February in an interview on My Africa Podcast, Jeta Amata gave his own version on what led to their separation. “Mbong got tired because I didn’t give her as much room as I should have. She is an actress, I’m a director, I insist on the kind of job she should take.
“Someone calls her from Nigeria “hey, can you fly down to Nigeria for this”? I ask for the script, and I’m like “no way”.
“Her first film was the ‘The Amazing Grace’. It went international. After going everywhere and putting Mbong in front of the kind of audience that I did, I felt she needed to do a bigger film than ‘The Amazing Grace’.
“So I kept blocking every smaller film that were offered to her” said Jeta Amata
Mbong Amata Daughter
They (Jeta Amata and Amata) married in 2008 and their daughter Veno was born later that year.
Mbong Amata Movies
- Black November
- Forgetting June
- From Freetown
- Mary Slessor
- Darima’s dilemma
- Black Gold
- Wheel of Change
- A Little White Lie
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Mbong Amata
- Mbong Amata was born on 1985 in Aba, Nigeria.
- Mbong Amata graced the entertainment industry at the age of 16 as a model.
- In 2003, Mbong Amata was crowned as Miss Akwa Ibom and in 2004, she was the second runner-up for Miss Nigeria.
- Mbong Amata was married to Jeta Amata and they were blessed with a beautiful baby girl named Veno in 2008.
- Mbong Amata is a founder of a record label called “Bong House Media” and it has recently signed the rapper, Splash.
- Mbong Amata is known for her humanitarian nature which seeks for the improvement of humanity in Nigeria and in Africa as a whole.
- Mbong Amata is the founder of the Tickle-Us Foundation, which aims to cater less privileged women and children in Nigeria and throughout Africa and being a helping hand in time of need.
- Mbong Amata has starred in a number of films including, Black Gold, Champagne, Black November, Inhale and Forgetting June.
- Mbong Amata is listed amongst the richest and sexiest leading ladies in Nollywood.
- Mbong Amata has worked with casts like Vivica Fox, Clarion Chukwurah, Akon, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Wyclef Jean, Belinda Effah and Hakeem Kae-Kazim to name a few.
Mbong Amata – Video
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do