Mmusi Maimane Biography
Mmusi Maimane whose full name is Mmusi Aloysias Maimane was born on 6th June 1980 in Transvaal Province, South Africa. He is a South Africa politician and the the leader of South Africa’s opposition Democratic Alliance (DA) political party.
Mmusi Maimane Education Background
- He attended Allen Glen High School, where he matriculated in 1997.
- He graduated from the University of South Africa with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
- He has a Masters Degree in Public Administration from the University of Witwatersrand.
- He also has a Masters in Theology from Bangor University, Wales.
Mmusi Maimane Political Career
In 2010 he applied to run as a DA candidate for Johannesburg City Council and also for internal election as the DA candidate for Mayor of Johannesburg. In 2011 he was selected as DA National Spokesperson.
At the 2012 DA Federal Congress, Maimane was elected as Deputy Federal Chairperson.In 2013 he applied to run as the DA candidate for Gauteng Premier.
In the 2011 Local Government Elections he lost therefore taking up the position of Leader of the Official Opposition.In Council, Maimane served on the Finance Committee, and on the Governance Committee that he had personally pushed to have constituted.
The DA grew its share of the vote in Gauteng substantially in the 2014 election with Maimane at the helm, but the ANC retained control of the province. Following this, Maimane opted against serving in the provincial legislature and was instead sworn in as a member of the National Assembly of South Africa
The DA’s parliamentary caucus met on 29 May 2014 to decide on a new parliamentary leadership. Maimane was the only candidate for the post of Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly and was elected as the new Leader of the Opposition, becoming the first black male to hold the position in South Africa’s history.
On 5 June 2014, at Parliament in Cape Town, Maimane announced his Shadow Cabinet. On May 10, 2015 he was elected leader of the DA at the party’s 2015 Federal Congress in Port Elizabeth.
Mmusi Maimane Family
His mother is Ethel Maimane and his father was Simon Maimane
Mmusi Maimane Wife
He married Natalie Maimane in 2005 and they have two children.
Mmusi Maimane Photo
Mmusi Maimane Video
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do