Rebecca Malope Biography
Rebecca Malope whose real name is Batsogile Lovederia Malope was born on 30th June 1968 in Mpumalanga, South Africa. She is a christian gospel musician.
Rebecca Malope Career – Rebecca Malope Music
Rebecca Malope career in music began in 1984. In 1985 she entered Shell Road to Fame together with the band she was with, they were eliminated from the first round of the competition.
In 1987 Rebecca Malope entered Shell Road to Fame as solo artist and she won the female vocalist with song Shine On. She was later given a recording contract by MFM but she was told that gospel music does not have sales she will have to do disco in order to sell. Sizwe Zako convinced the bosses of MFM to include one gospel song in Malope debut album Sthembile Kuwe, the song was well received than pop songs in the album, the album was called Rebecca.
In 1989 Malope further released two albums in one year Thank you very much and Woza Lovey both albums reached platinum status.
In 1990 Rebecca Malope released Buyani the title track Buyani it was dedicated to struggle hero’s particularly Nelson Mandela which it was the year he was released from Roben Island prison.
Rebecca Malope Age
She was born on 30th June 1968.
Rebecca Malope Husband – Rebecca Malope Married
She is happily married to Themba Tshabalala. Themba Tshabalala is a manager at Krone, an import and export firm.
Rebecca Malope Children
Rebecca does not have any children of her own due to complications. However, she adopted her sister’s children after the sister died.
Rebecca Malope Wedding
The information about her wedding is being updated.
Rebecca Malope Albums
- 2002: Iyamamba Le Nqola
- 2005: Qaphelani
- 2007: Greatest Hits
- 2009: Christmas with Rebecca and Friends
- 2013: Bayos’ Khomba
- 2014: Ama VIP
- 2015: Live in Concert
Rebecca Malope Songs – Rebecca Malope Gospel Songs
- Usizo Lwam
- Inombolo Yocingo
- Inombolo Yocingo
- Ndihamba Nawe
- Umoya Wam
- Don’t Let Me Die
- Uthando Lwam
- Ngegazi Lemvana
- Likhona Ikhaya
- Mmele Wajeso
- Shwele Baba
- Umoya Wam’
- Khuluma Nami
- Thank you Lord
- I will always call him
- I will be free
- Jesu Ulithemba
- Bless the Lord
- Take my hand
- I’ll Bide my time
- Modimo Oa Ka
- Andi Nanto
- I Love Him
- In His Hands
- Moya Wami
- Going Back
Rebecca Malope Awards
- 1987: Shell Road to Fame Best Female Vocalist
- 1990: OKTV Awards Best Female Artist
- 1993: Cocoa Cola Full blust music show: Best Established Local Artist
- 1994: Cocoa Cola Full blust music show: Best Established Local Artist
- 1995: South African Music Awards Best Contemporary Gospel Album
- 1997: South African Music Awards Best Female Artist
- 1997: South African Music Awards Best Selling Album
- 1998: South African Music Awards Best African Gospel Album
- 1998: South African Music Awards Best Selling African Release Album
- 1998: South African Music Awards Best Selling Album by South African
- 1999: South African Music Awards Best African Gospel.
- 2000: Metro FM Music Awards Best Gospel Album
- 2001: South African Music Awards Best African Gospel Album
- 2002: South African Music Awards Best African Gospel Album
- 2002: Metro FM Music Awards Best Gospel Album
- 2003: South African Music Awards Best African Gospel Album
- 2003: Kora Awards Best Female African Gospel Artist
- 2004: South African Music Awards Best African Gospel Album
- 2005: Metro FM Music Awards Best Gospel Album
- 2006: South African Music Awards Best African/Traditional Gospel Album
- 2007: South African Music Awards Best African Contemporary Gospel Album
- 2008: SABC Crown Gospel Music Awards Best Artist
- 2009: South African Music Awards Best African Traditional Gospel Album
- 2014: South African Music Awards Best Traditional Faith Music Album
- 2015: SABC Crown Gospel Music Awards Classic of All Time
Rebecca Malope Family
Rebecca Malope was told by the doctors that she would not have kids but she later got pregnant but unfortunately she got a miscarriage.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
Her sister died after she was shot by her boyfriend and she left along 3 kids and Malope took the role of being their mother.
Rebecca Malope Video