Sophia Ndaba Biography
Sophia Ndaba was born in 1972 in Soweto, South Africa. She is an actress, motivational speaker, MC and Event organiser/planner. She is famously known for acting as Queen Moroka for about 20 years in the Soap Generations.
In 2015 she joined The Miss South Africa judging panel.
Sophia Ndaba Brand Ambassador
- She partnered with AG mobile in creating a mobile phone line which is cost efficient and easily accessible. She is the face of the AG mobile phones named after her ”Sophla AG Mobile” for the year 2013/2014.
- AG Mobile phone
- She is the face, voice and ambassador for cell c prepaid starter packs 2014
- She is also the brand ambassador of cook for life health products.
- She is also the brand ambassador for OMO products.
- Ambassador for Health Northern Cape Province
- Ambassador for Housing Celebrity Built in association with National Ministry of housing
- Ambassador for Sports
- Ambassador for Pep
- Ambassador For Tourism KZN
- Ambassador for Dept of Community and Safety Gauteng Province
- Ambassador for SSP (Students Sponsorship Programs) SA
Sophia Ndaba Production company
She formed a production company Sophla Media where she produces road shows or Top Brands and also now focusing on producing reality TV Shows, Magazine Show, and small and big screen movies.
Sophia Ndaba Wedding Planner
Her insight to become a wedding planner was inspired by her wedding since it was not planned professionally and she saw the a need and an opportunity to start the business. She plans about five weddings a year.
Sophia Ndaba Nominations and Awards
Sophia Ndaba Nominations
- People Magazine Crystal Awards in 2003
- Elle Sunday Times Style Awards in the category of Most Stylish Actress in a Soapie 2003, 2004 and 2005, 2008.
- Safta Best Soap Actress in 2006.
- Former Duku Duku Awards for Best Soap Actress 2002, 2003 and 2006.
- People Magazine Crystal Award for Favorite actress and Most Popular Celebrity 2008
- You Magazine spectacular Awards 2008, 2010, 2011 in the category Most Popular Female Celeb
- You Magazine Spectacular Favorite Actress award 2010, 2011
- Sunday Times Next Generation Brand Survey Awards 2012 – Category Coolest TV Female Star
- Sunday Times Next Generation Brand Survey Awards 2013 – Category Most Popular TV Female Star
- Favourite Actress on Drum Magazine.
Sophia Ndaba Awards
- Duku Duku Award Best Soap Actress Award 2003
- Kellogs Star in You Kids Award for Favorite soap Actress 2006
- Golden Horn Award for Best comic Actor in 2009
- You Magazine Award for Favorite Actress 2010
- Sunday Times Next Generation Brand Survey Awards 2012 as Coolest TV Female Star
Sophia Ndaba Anthropology
She likes giving back to the society and has been involved in many charities over the years, These include Abraham Kriel Children’s Home, Mndeni Children’s Home, Reach for a Dream & Cancer Shavathon and that inspired the launch of The “Sophie Foundation of Hope” and its Focus is raising funds to ensure Orphanages are HOME for the Orphans as she grew up in an Orphanage and Foster Homes herself and also programs supporting the progression of women and children.
Sophia Ndaba Family; Husband and Children
she was married to Themba Ndaba fron 1998 upto 2007. She is a mother of three children Shallon Ndaba, Rudo Ndaba and Lwandle Ndaba.
She got married to Bishop Keith Harrington in December 2011 but the marriage short lived since they separated ways in June 2012.Their divorce was played out in media with the couple airing their dirty laundry in public.